Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Ever thought of TRIALS like THIS??!?!!

   

    There have been times in my life when trials have come upon me and I have doubted why? Why me? But...as I continue to move forward through my little life I have witnessed time and time again the Lords mercy.  His tender mercies are so abundant. He has carried me many difficult days. And I am stronger....well I, of my ownself am not stronger.  I am stronger because my FAITH in Him is stronger. 
   I have been thinking a lot the past year about WHY we have trials.  I personally always figured that they were to teach ME something about myself.  Apparently this is NOT the ONLY reason for trials.  I have recently come to cherish the story of the people of Alma in the Book of Mormon.  They were a select group of righteous believers who were converted by Alma (who was a preist of the wicked king Noah) and were baptized in the waters of Mormon. They then were warned by the Lord and fled for their lives. They finally settled and built up a people unto the Lord.  Then...the Lamanites found them....and put them into bondage....under NO WICKEDNESS OF THEIR OWN.  Why???  Why would the Lord do this to a faithful people.  Ahhhh.....I LOVE THE BOOK OF MORMON!!!  Listen to the end of the story......

Mosiah Chapter 24
14 And I will also ease the burdens which are put upon your shoulders, that even you cannot feel them upon your backs, even while you are in bondage; and this will I do that ye may stand as witnesses for me hereafter, and that ye may know of a surety that I, the Lord God, do visit my people in their afflictions.

HOW AMAZING!  Our trials AREN'T ALWAYS JUST FOR US!  They allow us to gain FAITH, exercise that Faith and then BEAR TESTIMONY OF THE LORD's DELIEVERANCE!!!  OUR TRAILS ARE FOR THE BENEFIT OF OTHERS......THROUGH OUR TESTIMONIES!  Staggering thought.
      
And....look how these people endured their trials................

Vs 15 And now it came to pass that the burdens which were laid upon Alma and his brethren were made light; yea, the Lord did strengthen them that they could bear up their burdens with ease, and they did submit cheerfully and with patience to all the will of the Lord.

Oh how I want to be more like them.  Happy and Patient.....waiting always upon the WILL OF THE LORD.  NO MATTER HOW LONG IT TOOK.  Truly their trials....were for OUR BENEFIT.  Truly their examples were to BEAR WITNESS.  Now its my turn.

1 comment:

Silvia said...

That's awesome, Missy. You're always writing stuff for me. You're the bomb! Keep these posts comin'!