Sunday, March 20, 2011

Sigh of Contentment.........

Well...I had a a realization the other day. I am content!!!  CONTENT!  I know that seems like a weird comment but I am a girl who never stops....I require myself to live up to an impossible standard of trying to be perfect and you now what....I'm just not!!!  And I'm alright with it.  I ate a Dove Chocolate the other day(yes I eat too much chocolate)  and it said "its alright to be FLAWED and FABULOUS!!"  I've been thinking about how profound that is.  ONE that it came from a CHOCOLATE wrapper and TWO that is just what God must think of us...FABULOUSLY FLAWED and HE still loves me!  I honestly felt like shouting HALLELUJAH right then and there! 
   Sometimes I just need PERMISSION to not try and be so overwhelmingly perfect because I ALWAYS end up feeling like a failure! Because the truth is I am a failure at being perfect and I always will be!  BUT.....I look around me and I have the Gospel of Jesus Christ, I have a husband who I adore...who I find ridiculosly handsome and charming and who...after almost 9 years of marriage I still want to spend the rest of etermity with....to grow old together!! Now THAT is exciting!  I have 3 kids..who are beautiful, smart, incredibly demanding and difficult to parent some days..but they are mine and I adore them.  I have wonderful parents, inlaws, siblings and friends. 
    Sigh!  I love my life.  Somedays I forget that!  But God has been good to me!    There have been some not so fun times....I'm tired...I get frustrated and I sure have more bad hair days than good.  But....all said and done.  I'm CONTENT!  The Lord has done a great job thus far driving my life....to unexpected places no less....learning things I did not want to learn voluntarily...but.....nonetheless....I think I will just let Him keep driving.  And I am just going to go along for the ride and try not to Whine too much and try to see the beauty in all I have. 


See....I'm wacky....I cant take a normal picture....and I'm getting wrinkles....But I'm ok with it!  I'm Me and thats Just GREAT!

2 comments:

Kelsey said...

I'm still not used to your red hair. I love you no matter what though!

Sarah said...

I love this post! I love that good things come from chocolate! ;)